Part-Time Graphic Designer, Student Services
Company: Lone Star College
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose LearningThe Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great
Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have
been successful in creating great workplaces and to further
research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences
that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher
education institutions.Lone Star College was recognized in five
areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities,
Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-MontgomeryLone Star College offers high-quality,
low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+
students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to
Work For institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and
ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes 'America's Best Employers By
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.Lone Star
College-Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational
institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe
communities. LSC-Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive
learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities,
individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic
technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.Location address is
3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The PT Graphic Designer designs and creates
graphics that adhere to LSC's brand and standard, and meet the
needs of the customer. He or She uses a variety of tools and
mediums to create artistic or decorative products and visual
solutions for communications. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Guide student workers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for keeping the advertising materials current on
campus wide and external locations.
- Meet with creative services manager for direction and develop
layouts for assignments based on customer needs.
- Design graphics for assigned projects, including but not
limited to brochures, flyers, newsletters, handbooks, maps,
posters, newspaper and magazine ads for digital/print internal and
external advertisements, and non-standard or unique projects (point
of display, signage and vinyl wrap graphics).
- Create draft layouts using traditional sketches and computer
software for customer review and selection including color, type,
illustration, photography, animation and layout techniques.
- Manipulate and optimize final graphic materials and make
available to print vendors and content editors for print,
production or online marketing.
- Produce original art for logos and illustrations from sketched
concepts to digital designs through the use the Adobe Creative
Suite computer software.
- Consult with the creative services manager and prepare quotes,
bid specifications, contracts and coordinate services with
specialty vendors, printers, mail houses, and other out-sourced
services relating to marketing, advertising and publications, and
oversee their work.
- Coordinate the distribution of print materials and quality
control campus wide and at external locations.
- Plan, schedule and execute photography sessions as needed per
- Set up photography studio and equipment as needed. Photograph
special events or activities happening on campus. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Excel, Word and
- Knowledge of professional printing processes, pre-press
production, printing techniques, paper selection, coating,
- Knowledge of PC's (Microsoft Office) and MACs and related
graphic design software
- Knowledge of a variety of design software and tools, such as
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver, HTML, Constant
- Flexibility with prioritizing deadlines and managing
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Knowledge of general layout principles and basic aesthetic
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and acquire new
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet
- Excellent customer service skills PHYSICAL ABILITIES:The work
is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the
work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work. WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
Hourly Pay Rate is $18.20
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on 'My Activities' at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
'Add Attachment.' Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an
Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor),
please ensure you include the following to be considered:
Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial
transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40
characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLYWe will not accept application
material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.Postings
for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic
year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your
profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).If
selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone,
or email to schedule an interview.Lone Star College participates in
the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the
federal government with information from each new employee's Form
I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the
United States.More information on the E-Verify program is available
at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Keywords: Lone Star College, Conroe , Part-Time Graphic Designer, Student Services, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!