Associate Mechanical Engineer
Posted on: January 19, 2023
We are looking for the right people - people who want to
innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best
talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop
themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards
and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers
of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, applies functional specifications
and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes,
new development, component test development, and manufacturing
- Under minimal supervision, participates in analysis,
modification and design for multiple products and/or projects of
greater complexity which requires proficiency in the application of
standard materials and components.
- Assists in preparing component specifications, follows work
processes to document designs, and prepares materials for design
- Under minimal supervision, uses engineering tools to document
and compare the results in controlled databases.
- Identifies the testing objectives at a component level in
accordance with Halliburton Health, Safety, and Environment
procedures and evaluates test results.
- Collaborates with mentors to understand the basic content
required to submit an invention disclosure, and recognizes ideas
that have IP potential without disclosing confidential
- Works effectively as a team member by communicating clearly and
efficiently to provide innovative solutions.
- Collaborates within a broad team including design engineers,
manufacturing operators, and technicians, and quality control.
- Advises and assists in handling of field and manufacturing
problems to maintain and improve products and services.
- Job tasks impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency,
profitability or operations.
- Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and
focuses on attention to detail by making sure that work is done
correctly, completely, and to the highest standards.
- Be able to create and check engineering drawings.
- Strong mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team
- Experience with a CAD system.
- Skills acquired though the completion of an undergraduate
degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
Desired Traits and Skills:
- Project Management - capital equipment, process
- Lean manufacturing experience, lean transition experience is a
- Process controls, data acquisition, PLC and shop networks
- Design and integration of process automation to improve
employee safety and product quality
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong presentation abilities
- Strong communication, analytical and decision-making
- Effective time management and project management
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status,
sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age,
veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by
law or regulation.
16548 Donwick Drive, Conroe, Texas, 77385, United States
Requisition Number: 172578
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Drill Bits and Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Keywords: Halliburton, Conroe , Associate Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!