Posted on: January 19, 2023
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanic to service the Conroe
and Thompsons, TX area . The Mechanic will perform a variety of
duties regarding installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting
and overhauling of machinery and/or mechanical equipment including
but not limited to reciprocating gas compressors, natural gas fired
engines, diesel engines and /or triplex and centrifugal pumps. Wood
offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
**Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to
relocate. No per diem or lodging**
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the
firm's equipment, including compressors and motors.
- Performs major mechanical overhauls with minimal
- Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using
- Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of
operations is properly installed, operating within design limits,
repaired and maintained.
- Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company
with the best probability of success in a timely manner while
minimizing downtime and expenditures.
- Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing
agreements and procurement of materials and services.
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide
protection for both human beings and equipment.
- Ensure that operations conducted under his control or
supervision complies with the Company's HSE policies and/or
- Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily
operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are
prepared and reported timely and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid State Driver's license
- General Field Mechanic Knowledge required
- Oil and Gas Mechanic knowledge preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Conroe , Mechanic, Engineering , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!