Posted on: April 6, 2021
Job category: Community Leadership Job link: Fantastic
opportunity for a seasoned Assisted Living Community Manager!
Eclipse Senior Living has been certified as a Great Place to Work!
Thank you to our associates for participating and reaffirming that
our culture is a critical part of our success! Position Summary
Plans, implements, and is responsible for all aspects of community
operations. Maintains high customer satisfaction and successful
financial results. Supervisory Responsibilities Directly supervises
5 to 7 department managers. Is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments. Also
responsible for job performance and oversight of non-supervisory
employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with Elmcroft's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- --Oversees the management of each department to assure that
each department is operating within the state regulatory guidelines
and meets Elmcroft Expectations established for each department,
including those relating specifically to Executive Director
- Provides daily/weekly/monthly management meetings to keep all
departments informed of pending issues at the community.
- Performs multiple daily walk-throughs of building and grounds
to assure that the building presents in the best light possible and
to interact with residents, staff, and visitors to promote customer
satisfaction. Maintains outreach and education within the community
at large, creating positive relationships and marketing
- Works closely with the Community Relations Director to develop
and review marketing plans, meet sales goals, and be aware of
upcoming move-ins and move-outs.
- Oversees the 100 hours/100 days program in coordination with
the Community Relations Director in order to assist residents in
adjusting to their new home.
- Provides proper orientation and initial training, and ongoing
in-service education to meet the needs of staff and the regulatory
requirements. Proper documentation is required.
- Creates positive associate relations through staff appreciation
programs, recognition of excellent performance, and retention
through regular performance feedback systems and promotional
- Maintains a capable and cohesive work staff by utilizing
excellent hiring techniques such as manager + 1 interviewing and
- Presents clear expectations to the interviewee such as job
descriptions, Standards, and orientation documents to improve new
hire's likelihood of staying. Reduces turnover to at or below 40%
- Assures the healthiest possible residents by monitoring the
care of the residents to assure all needs are being met, and that
proper documentation is being performed for their care needs as
well as their medicine management.
- --Manages labor through department head involvement so that all
labor dollars are within operating budget as tied to census and
acuity. Utilizes staffing models to guide scheduling within each
department, daily/weekly time and attendance reports to monitor
labor use and overtime, and bi-weekly labor reports to review hours
- Manages budgets for each department to within given budget
parameters utilizing spend-down sheets provided from each
- Allows no accounts receivable charge-offs by reviewing A/R
aging weekly and following up on all unpaid accounts, charging late
fees as needed, and issuing move-out letters by the 10th of the 2nd
month. Assure that the assessment given to the resident matches the
- Minimizes Worker's Compensation claims by providing in-services
in high-risk areas and proactively working with Risk Management to
reduce dollar costs when claims do occur. Directs associates in
need of health care to the most appropriate level of care, listed
on our Worker's Compensation list of approved doctors and
- Provides good documentation in associate files to keep
unemployment claims to a minimum.
- Provides conflict resolution among residents, staff and
families to assure no problems go unaddressed, using all available
tools such as the Resident Satisfaction Survey, resident council
meetings, suggestion boxes, etc.
- Hold monthly Quality Assurance/Safety meetings to analyze
issues within the community, including reviewing incident reports,
safety rounds, worker's compensation claims, etc.
- Ensures that all weekly and monthly documents are forwarded to
the Support Center in a timely fashion, including properly coded
accounts receivables, time sheets, incident reports, and other
reports as requested or required.
- Reviews Routine Maintenance calendar with the Maintenance
Director monthly to ensure the building stays in good operating
condition. Receives documentation from the Maintenance Director
that the routine maintenance for the month was performed as
outlined in the Policy and Procedure manual, making notes of
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster
policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health
information concerning residents and staff.
- Driving for community business purposes including but not
limited to, driving for sales calls/trips, marketing trips,
visiting residents outside of the community, attending funerals for
residents, assessing a potential or current resident at home, a
hospital, a rehabilitation facility, a skilled nursing facility or
a competitor's community, attending training or providing coverage
for another associate at another community, attending industry
association meetings, attending off-site company meetings, and
going to the store to purchase items for the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the
success of Elmcroft.
- Participates on weekends in the Manager on Duty program as
- Provides assigned management reports to RDO weekly. Notify RDO
and Director of Health Care Services of any potential liability to
Elmcroft immediately. Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or
university, or one to three years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Demonstrated experience achieving operational results at an
Assisted Living Community is required.
- Licenses: Assisted Living certification or Administrator's
license, if required by State.
- Must be 21 years of age and in possession of a valid state
driver's license. Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown)
Keywords: Elmcroft, Conroe , Executive Director, Executive , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!