Assistant Maintenance Manager
Company: BH Management Services LLC
Posted on: January 8, 2022
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value.
We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our
success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up
firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management
companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service
is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes
from engaged, happy and well-trained team members. In 2018 and
2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to
Work's "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also ranked in 2018 and
2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for Millennials." In addition,
in 2019, BH was named to the 100 "Best Workplaces for Diversity."
We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each
individual employee and we value our employees by providing a
strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance ProgramAs the Assistant Maintenance
Manager, you're responsible for assisting in overseeing the
physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment
make-readies, preventive maintenance, and construction or
rehabilitation projects for the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses electronic system and schedules to establish priorities
and responds to service requests within 48 hours, and assists in
monitoring the completion of service requests.
- Oversee and ensure that established preventive maintenance
programs are implemented, followed and documented per BH program
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance
of the property.
- Repairs/Replaces appliances, plumbing systems, air
conditioning/heating/electrical systems, and any apartment
material/maintenance request within scope of management
- Works with the office team and Maintenance Supervisor to assist
with determining weekly apartment make-ready schedules. Ensures all
repairs/replacements/cleaning is completed as necessary for
apartments to be move-in ready.
- Provides back-up support in the absence of the Maintenance
- Assists with the identification and correction of hazardous
community conditions and liabilities and reports hazards to
Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists with determining supply and equipment needs, ordering
supplies and managing maintenance budget appropriate approvals.
- A minimum of one year or more of progressive maintenance and
- Minimum of one-year experience with all major types of heating
and air conditioning
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of,
local, state, and federal building codes and compliance issues and
the ability to ensure building code compliance
- Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and
preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems,
large and small appliance repair
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work with a
diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- A valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation
- Strongly preferred that candidate have at least one year of
experience with a construction background including, but not
limited to: foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing and
- HVAC certification (most industry certifications accepted) or
ability to obtain
- E.P.A Certification (Type II - domestic HVAC systems) / E.P.A
410A certification or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule: 9a-6pm, Monday- Saturday (will vary based on
property needs) with some overtime required including
on-call/rotating on-call schedule participation
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers
are contingent upon successful completion of a background check,
drug screen, and the ability to provide the information necessary
to comply with applicable Federal and State COVID-19 vaccination,
and/or related testing and safety requirements.
Keywords: BH Management Services LLC, Conroe , Assistant Maintenance Manager, Executive , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!