Clinical Pharmacy Manager
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Clinical Pharmacy Manager you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA
Houston Healthcare Conroe which is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Houston
Healthcare Conroe, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Clinical Pharmacy Manager where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsAs a Pharmacy Clinical Manager, you will
be responsible for designing, implementing and managing the
pharmacy clinical programs. This includes formulary management,
policy and procedure development and education across the
healthcare spectrum. The Clinical Manager shall also assist in
managing the pharmacy when the Pharmacy Director or designee is
unavailable.What qualifications you will need:
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug
interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness
of drug and dose
- Provide clinical consultation and clarification to
practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic
alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary
procurement, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes
rational drug therapy selection.
- Identify, design and analyze drug utilization reviews to
promote rational drug therapy and determines action plan based on
- Provide accurate and timely medication information to
healthcare staff and patients
- Develop, manage and mentor pharmacy clinical programs such as
drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant
monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other
programs as determined appropriate based on patient population and
- Responsible for design, analysis and reporting of adverse drug
reactions, medication errors and pharmacy quality initiatives.
Mentors others in their roles for these programs
- Participate with various nursing and medical staff committees
as necessary What qualifications you will need:
- B.S. or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
required. Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of
pharmacy is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year as a Pharmacy Clinical/Operations Specialist
- At least 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience required;
preferably within area of focus. Hospital pharmacy management
- Completion of hospital PGY2/ pharmacy specialty residency or
- Specialty BCPS certification, ACLS or other certification (e.g.
FCCP, FASHP) preferred.
- Hospital Pharmacy Management experience is preferred
- Active Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate
State Board of Pharmacy
- Active Pharmacy Consultant license required, or equivalent as
per State requirements for a Pharmacy Director/Pharmacist in
Charge, if facility pharmacy does not have a Pharmacy Operations
Manager position available.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, Meditech, Business
Objects and purchasing vendor applications required. Occasional/
Intermittent Travel RequiredThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare's
strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We
do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions.
HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop,
apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA
Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals
can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Clinical Pharmacy Manager opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Conroe , Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Executive , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!