Nurse Coordinator Night Shift - NNC
Company: Nexus Health Systems
Posted on: May 7, 2022
NURSE COORDINATOR - NIGHT SHIFTDescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:Under
the Nurse Manager's general supervision, the Nurse Coordinator is
to provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise the
day-to-day nursing activities performed by RN/LVNs and LSSs. Such
supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state,
facility, and as required by the Nurse Manager to ensure that the
highest degree of quality care is always maintained.JOB SPECIFIC
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the LSSs/CNAs in accordance
with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the
- Ensure that nursing personnel assigned to you comply with
written policies and procedures established by the facility.
- Periodically review the department's policies, procedure
manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions
as needed to better the facility.
- Meet with your assigned nursing staff and support personnel in
planning the shifts' services, programs, and activities.
- Ensure nursing and staff adhere to the nursing handbook
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating
nursing services to ensure resident's total regimen of care is
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required per
policies and procedures.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary per policies
- Notify facility in the event of an emergency, receive direction
from the on-call practitioners for resident care.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing reports,
evaluation, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Complete and enter required documentation in forms/EMR upon
residents, admission, transfer and/or discharge.
- Clarify and review treatment orders with MLP if needed.
- Report all discrepancies or variances to the Nurse Manager and
AOC i.e.., call-ins, incidents/immediate needs that may occur
during your shift.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications,
supplies, and equipment are on hand to meet the residents' needs.
Report needs to Nurse Manager.
- Ensure narcotic records are accurate for the next shift.
- Ensure report sheets are updated, and nurses are collecting
labs and sending them out.
- Make rounds to ensure the nursing staff and personnel are
performing their work assignment in accordance with facility
- Notify residents next of kin when there's a change in
- At the end of your shift, provide the Nurse Manager with a
recap of the night via email.
- Notifies proper management in case of natural disaster, fire,
water leak, etc. at the facility
- Other duties as assigned.Job RequirementsExperience
- Three years of Acute/Long Term Care nursing experience.
- Two years in a Charge Nurse position preferred.Education
- Nursing degree required (LVN or RN)Additional
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Must be BLS certified
- Must attend an aggressive behavior course within 30 days of
employment.All employees will need to meet the requirements
outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care
settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective
November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of
Facility must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.
Keywords: Nexus Health Systems, Conroe , Nurse Coordinator Night Shift - NNC, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!