Dialysis Social Worker
Company: U.S. Renal Care
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Licensed Master Social Worker provides social services to
patients and their families in a timely and efficient manner in
order to promote maximum social functioning and psychological
adjustment to dialysis and rehabilitation of the patient. -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. -
Other duties and tasks may be assigned. GROWTH -
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve
patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed
- Coordinate transient arrangements. -
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the clinic. OUTCOMES -
- Identify and counsel psychosocial issues. -
- Provide patient and family education.
- Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals. OPERATIONAL
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by
and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Act as advocate on patient's behalf with the appropriate local,
state, and federal agencies.
- Complete initial assessment of new patient psychosocial needs
in adherence to state/CMS regulations and company policy. -
- Complete KDQOL in accordance with company policy. -
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all
required patient assessment and care planning activities. -
- Identify social agencies and other resources as appropriate to
the needs of the patients, including but not limited to
financial/funding sources. -
- Be familiar with professional organizations related to kidney
disease (i.e. National Kidney Foundation, American Kidney
- Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with all emergency operational procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
- Provide information and referrals as needed.
- Attend and participate in the monthly Quality Assessment and
Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of patient/family
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical
Director and physicians.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with area
hospitals, agencies, vendors and the community.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization. STAFF
DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION -
- Participate in staff meetings as required. - Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
- Educate staff and provide inservice training in relation to
patient psychosocial care.
- Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- Must have Master's Degree in Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Current licensure in applicable state is required unless
employed in the state of AZ, PA or Guam. - License must be
maintained as current and in good standing. - (See addendum for
Social Worker for minimum licensing requirements.)
- Previous experience in providing social services to dialysis
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all USRC clinical
applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - U.S. Renal Care is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran. Additional Information
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Conroe , Dialysis Social Worker, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!