Medical Assistant (Conroe)
Company: Lone Star Family Health Center
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Medical Assistant provides direct patient
care to patients of Lone Star Family Health Center.Standard hours
of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.Essential
duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Ensures safety and cleanliness of the environment. Ensures
supplies are adequate.
- Performs pre-visit planning, initiates screening protocols,
identifies tests and vaccines that are due per UDS measures and CDC
- Prepares patients for examination; obtains vital signs, records
reason for visit and history, performs medication reconciliation,
verifies allergies, pharmacy and recent ER visits or hospital
- Performs blood draws, heed sticks, waived tests and quality
testing for waived tests after verifying accuracy of order and
- Prepares and labels laboratory specimens completely per policy
- Monitors patient flow in and out of clinic and communicates
delays and expectations to medical providers and patients.
- Facilitates continuity of care for patients and/or family with
members of the health care team through scheduling appointments,
phone contact, verbal interaction, written reports and/or
- Assists with medication fills, obtaining DME, and
- Chaperones for procedures such as breast or pelvic exams, and
testicle checks for well child visits and sports physicals.
- Gathers instruments and materials as appropriate for procedures
needed at the visit, assists the medical provider as
- Cleans and prepares instruments for sterilization using
standard precautions. Follows policy for autoclave.
- Adheres to infection control practices; hand hygiene, use of
PPE, instrument and environment cleaning, biohazard waste disposal
and safe injection techniques. Maintains accurate patient medical
- Assists the medical provider with translation and sending out
patient communications.Required:Bilingual – English and
Spanish.High School diploma or general education degree
(GED).Preferred:Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
Keywords: Lone Star Family Health Center, Conroe , Medical Assistant (Conroe), Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!