Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN) - NSH
Company: Nexus Health Systems
Posted on: August 7, 2022
RN - WOUND CARE - FULL TIME
Coordinates treatment to provide comprehensive wound assessments
and plan of care, including goals, implementation of treatment,
evaluation, and outcomes for patients throughout the organization.
Provides patient, family, and staff education regarding wound
management, prevention of pressure ulcers, support surfaces,
dressing selections, and other therapies. The RN-Wound Care is a
resource person for physicians, wound team, and clinical staff.
* Assesses and reassesses patients per established policies and
procedures to identify progress and trends that require
intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent
* Develops effective treatment plans based on existing,
* Communicates with the Director of Wound Care, physicians, and
other treatment team members regarding patient progress, problems,
* Assists Licensed Independent Practitioners during wound
debridement and/or graft applications.
* Assists with sterilization of surgical instruments via
* Performs wound debridement within both skill level and scope of
* Initiates measures to prevent and treat patient's wound/skin
issues (e.g., Specialty mattress, positioning/turning schedule,
recommendations for referrals, etc.).
* Assists with staff education in regard to skin integrity and/or
wound management: Prevention, assessment, and treatment.
* Serves as a resource for hospital staff specific to managing
patients' skin/wound issues.
* Performs patient/caregiver education and documents
* Participates in necessary meetings, conferences, etc.
* Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory,
corporate, and professional guidelines by the end of shift.
* Participates in discharge planning.
* Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further
* Performs the above duties/responsibilities in inpatient and
outpatient clinic settings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Preferred minimum of at least two (2) years experience in
rehabilitation and/or assisted living settings.
* 1 Year of inpatient or out patient wound care experience
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
* Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of
* Certified in AHA BLS
* Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class
within 90 days of hire and maintain annually.
Keywords: Nexus Health Systems, Conroe , Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN) - NSH, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!