Company: Conroe Independent School District
Posted on: January 23, 2023
School NurseJOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 06/01/2022 POSTING
NUMBER: 032945 LOCATION: Admin Health Services - 872 POSITION
TITLE: School Nurse
Implement comprehensive program of health services for campus.
Provide health services to students. Promote health education and
preventive health practices for students.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide temporary and emergency care for sick and injured
students or staff according to district policy and
- Serve as health advocate for students.
- Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care
for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact
cannot be reached).
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to
students at school. Administer medications according to district
policy and procedures.
- Perform screening procedures as required by Texas Department of
Health, Texas Educational Agency, and district policy. Make
referrals as necessary.
- Develop and coordinate continuing evaluation of campus health
program and make changes based on findings.
- Participate in development of campus health education
curriculum and provide health education to individuals and
- Provide health counseling and instruction to individual
- Serve as health liaison between school, physicians, parents,
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working
with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care
professionals as needed.
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee,
crisis team, and school committees.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child
- Make home visits to help with student health problems as
necessary with permission of principal.
- Communicate regularly with principal and health services
coordinator regarding health services issues.
- Review and evaluate immunization records.
- Enforce procedures to ensure proper program administration
according to district policy.
- Supervise and train nurse aide(s) in clinic procedures and
responsibilities according to district policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
documents required, including clinic records and accurate, updated
health records on all students.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws,
Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and
board policy in health services area.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to
- Comply with all district and campus routines and
- Maintain certification in CPR/AED, vision and hearing
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and
- Regular attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality. EXPERIENCE:
- Two years nursing experience QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education
- Valid registered nurse license to practice professional nursing
in Texas from the State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Certified by Texas Department of Health to conduct vision and
hearing screening (obtain within 60 days)
- CPR/AED Certification
- Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to implement policies and procedures CONTACT
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct the work of assigned nurse
aide(s).EQUIPMENT USED: Thermometer, blood pressure cuff,
audiometer, otoscope, sphygmomanometer, vision screening equipment,
thermoscan, basic clinic equipment, personal computer, and
copier.Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Exposure to biological
hazards, bacteria and communicable diseases.
To apply for this position, click "login" above. Additionally, once
you've logged into your WinOcular application, upload your current
resume and letter of interest and ensure your application is
updated. Current employees must apply using the internal system.
Principals have requested no telephone calls, please.
PAY GRADE: AE-2 - Minimum pro-rated salary - $60,586
Keywords: Conroe Independent School District, Conroe , School Nurse, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!