Dialysis Registered Nurse, Home Hemo & Peritoneal RN
Company: U.S. Renal Care
Posted on: January 23, 2023
USRC's greatest strength in being a leader in the dialysis
industry is our ability to recognize and celebrate the differences
in our diverse workforce. We strongly believe in recruiting top
talent and creating a diverse and inclusive work climate and
culture at all levels of our organization. The Home Therapy
Registered Nurse, as qualified by federal and state regulations,
provides patient training and ongoing support for all patients
choosing a home dialysis modality. This position is accountable for
providing quality care to all patients and is committed to
delivering superior customer service in all internal and external
interactions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
requirements as they pertain to home dialysis program and patient
- Train patient (and/or care partner) in the practice of
self-care Peritoneal Dialysis or Hemodialysis upon meeting federal
and state regulations governing Registered Nurse
- Conduct home visits to assess the patient's home environment
per policy; initially and minimally annually thereafter. Routinely
evaluate patient performance and assess the home environment more
frequently as needed to improve care.
- Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Document all nursing services in the Electronic Medical Record
including but not limited to training sessions, routine and
non-routine in-person interactions, and phone conversations.
Documentation should accurately reflect the patient status and
nursing interventions and be written to ensure continuity of
- Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation,
and recording as requested.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
operational procedures. Communicate and regularly review Emergency
Preparedness procedures with all home patients, including but not
limited to emergency disconnection from dialysis equipment, what to
do and who to contact if displaced from home.
- Ensure clinic and patient supply inventory and usage is
appropriate for patient prescriptions and place orders in timely
manner to avoid fees and penalties.
- Continually seek to improve patient and quality outcomes
through tracking and trending of program and patient performance,
use of critical thinking skills and root cause analysis to improve
patient and quality outcomes. Assist in obtaining data for the
continuous quality improvement activities.
- Obtain routine and non-routine laboratory tests as ordered and
communicate critical lab values and urgent patient needs to the
responsible physician or physician extender in a timely
- Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Responsible for performing on call nursing services, nights and
weekends, on a rotational basis as needed or assigned.
- Flexible with staffing locations and hours to accommodate
patient and USRC home program needs.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the position.
Home Hemodialysis Only:
- Coordinate home evaluation with technical services department
to ensure that the necessary electrical, plumbing and drainage
requirements for proper equipment operation are met prior to
patient acceptance into home program.
- Ensure required and appropriate water sampling is complete per
policy and product requirements. Monitor and report water sample
and culture results.
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Conroe , Dialysis Registered Nurse, Home Hemo & Peritoneal RN, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!