Company: Huntsman International LLC
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job Description: Laboratory Supervisor Huntsman is seeking a
Laboratory Supervisor supporting the Performance Products Division
located in Conroe, Texas. This position will report to Quality
Assurance Manager. Position Summary The Laboratory Supervisor
directs the activities of the Plant Laboratory and ensures that all
activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound
manner, according to plant policies and procedures. As the
Laboratory Supervisor you will:
- Direct the activities of the Plant Laboratory and ensure that
all activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound
manner, according to plant policy and procedures and by regulatory
- Supervise a staff of nine shift technicians and one day
technician. Provides regular performance evaluation, feedback, and
coaching of direct reports.
- Monitor and approve time sheets, time off benefit requests,
overtime distribution, vacation schedules, etc. in accordance with
plant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the special needs or requests from the units, the
chemists or the businesses are communicated properly and handled in
a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the smooth and continued operation of the
lab and for engaging the appropriate technical resources to resolve
issues and problems.
- Review the results of laboratory tests to ensure the conformity
with established testing procedures for storage tank analyses and
- Review analytical data for completeness and accuracy for
in-process material (unit streams and rundowns), batches, storage
tanks, shipments, etc.
- Primary Lab liaison with Customer Service, Operations, Shipping
& Traffic department. This includes activities such as: Directing
the preparation and distribution of certificates of analyses,
reviewing sales orders to ensure customer's needs are met, and
Ensuring pre-shipment samples for specific deliveries/shipments are
shipped to customer as needed. Also serves as Conroe Lab point
person for coordinating efforts with HATC.
- Train plan for technicians and scheduling of training
activities in consultation with chemists.
- Ensure that technicians are trained on the various roles within
the lab to ensure coverage and smooth operation.
- Manage the Conroe site non-conformance reporting system.
- Maintain and approve NextDay reports for Shipping and OCAM Lab
- Ensure that adequate laboratory supplies are available when
needed. This would include maintaining adequate supply of lab
gases, reagents and solvents, sampling supplies, other lab related
warehouse supplies, etc.
- Approval of work requests and the coordination with the
maintenance department to ensure the needed work is completed in a
- Support the lab expenditure control and seek appropriate
authority for spending that exceeds budget.
- Ensure the SQC charts are filled out accurately and that
investigations of out-of-control points happen and are documented
in a timely manner; engage the chemists and QA coordinator as
needed to maintain the lab's SQC process.
- Follow instructions and performs other duties as may be
assigned by supervisor.
- Assist other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company
- Participate in and completes company-required training
- Participate in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as
set forth by the company.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical engineering or
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial setting such as
Refinery, Paper or Chemical plant.
- Must have a intermediate level of proficiency with Internet,
Email, and Microsoft programs.
- In-depth knowledge of safety, health and environmental rules,
laws, requirements and applicable Huntsman programs.
- Ability to:
- effectively manage time and resources.
- develop partnerships within and outside process area.
- interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures.
- supervise personnel in an analytical activity.Preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and LIMS a plus.
- Demonstrated oral, written communication and math skills.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.Work Environment
& Physical Requirements:
- Business Travel.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Lifting/carrying 10 - 50 pounds.
- Pushing and pulling.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Repetitive motion.
- Computer usage.
- Chemical exposure.
- Electrical shock or vibration.Huntsman offers unsurpassed
opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio
creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research
and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer
service - and the list goes on.Here, you can make an impact and
make a difference. Come join us.Huntsman is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We
provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified
applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status,
gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any
other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we
have facilities national or local. Please refer to for Company's
Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes
presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono
information or service. Huntsman is aware of a scam involving
fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until
after a candidate has submitted a job application and has
participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that
emails from Huntsman always end in and that any job offer that
requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a
scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman,
please visit our Careers website at . Additional Locations:
Keywords: Huntsman International LLC, Conroe , Laboratory Supervisor, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...