Registered Nurse PRN NICU
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Registered Nurse PRN NICU you want in your current role? We
invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work,
and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity
for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe which is a part of
the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare. Benefits HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe! Job Summary and Qualifications What
you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating care for assigned patients in the NICU and Newborn
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies
and procedures or the NICU that guide and support the provision of
- Responsible for meeting the standards of Practice for a Level
II and Level III NICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve
the quality of patient care.
- Performs neonatal assessment of NICU patients and Newborn
- Performs nursing care of NICU patients and Newborn Nursery
- Performs gestational age assessments.
- Demonstrates appropriate usage and understanding of equipment
used in the department.
- Participates in mandatory unit education activities
- Participates in the discharge process to include parent
teaching What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required or must be
- Current RN license in Texas and/or current Compact License
- Current BCLS certification required.
- NRP certification within 90 days of hire.
- STABLE preferred
- 6 months current NICU experience required . This role requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and
/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved). At HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe, superior
healthcare meets the comfort and convenience of a comprehensive
hospital, close to home, in Conroe, Texas. We have been providing
high-quality healthcare to the Montgomery County region for more
than 80 years. During that time we have grown to become a
full-service 330+ bed medical center and a tertiary referral center
- all while remaining true to our mission of providing care, above
all else. As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals
rely on us when higher levels of acute care are necessary. HCA
Houston Conroe was the first hospital in Montgomery County to
achieve the designation of a Level II Trauma Center . We are also a
Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center,
and a designated Level III Neonatal ICU in order to treat for the
most vulnerable patients of all ages. We are members of HCA Houston
Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the
region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the
country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more
accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to
home. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse PRN NICU opening. We review all applications. Qualified
candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are
interviewing apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe, Conroe , Registered Nurse PRN NICU, Healthcare , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...