Bulk Deli Cheese Clerk
Company: Fiesta Mart
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Cold Deli Clerks prepare and display product in a neat manner,
while ensuring all product is fresh, rotated and well stocked for
our customers. In this capacity, work duties will include slicing
and weighing prepared deli meats, cheeses, and deli items.
* Provides continuous attention to customer needs at the service
counter. Processes cash register transactions, which include giving
back change or refunds.
* Stocks and replenishes product in display cases and counters,
rotates and checks merchandise for outdated product to maintain
* Checks in newly received merchandise. Stocks and/organizes back
stock in cooler or designated area.
* Slices, weighs, wraps and prices customer selections using
slicers, weigh scales, wrapping machine and label machine.
Understands and performs proper weighing and measuring.
* Ensures weights and pricing are correct, using scale printer
* Prepares hot and cold foods sold to public which includes items
like fried chicken and other foods, roasted chickens, salads
prepared on premise, sandwiches, and meal items for hot cases and
* Cleans and maintains work area, including washing dishes and
* Orally communicates with customers and co-workers. Deals with
multiple customers professionally. Offers product suggestions.
* Answers phone calls and takes customer orders, ensuring orders
are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction. Prepares
party trays according to customer request.
* Knows product identification and stock locations. Reorganizes
product to maintain display appearances. Displays goods following
deli department and/or merchandising guidelines. Monitors product
pricing, signage, and placement through the use of product shelf
tags and shelf signage.
* Prepares, wraps, boxes, weighs, slices, and stocks deli
department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure product
quality and safety.
* Works safely around equipment and tools, including slicers,
knives, hot ovens and burners.
Secondary Job Duties:
* Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
* Clean utensils, work tables, wipe counter tops, and front of
* Promote sampling of merchandise.
* Utilizes the public address system.
* Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and
* Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
* Other duties assigned by management.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* High school education preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
* Excellent customer service skills.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously-
* Occasionally- pushing and pulling up to 150 lbs., lifting up to
50 lbs., climbing up to 6 foot height, kneeling, crouching, and
* Frequently- carrying up to 20 lbs., balancing, stooping, bending,
and reaching waist/overhead level.
* Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on
tile/concrete, manual dexterity, talking, seeing, hearing and
Safety Risk Factors:
* Occasionally-Loud noise, slippery or cluttered floor surface,
hazardous equipment, contact with sharp objects, contact with skin
irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), and
nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
* Frequently-Twisting of back and neck.
* Varied, irregular schedules.
* Working environment involves inside store environment with
potential exposure to cold conditions.
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Conroe , Bulk Deli Cheese Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!