Company: Academy Sports & Outdoors
Posted on: September 23, 2022
- Communication - effective listening, speaking, and
- Computer - proficient in Excel, Lotus Notes, Word and ability
to learn Oracle Retail applications.
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays as necessary.
- Negotiates and buys merchandise for assigned
- Helps manage Open to Buy ensuring margins, turns, and
profitability are within plan.
- Determines assortment and item life cycles
- Collaborates with planner on merchandise flow
- Gives direction on regular, promotional, and clearance
- Analyzes supplier performance and makes necessary
- Analyzes product performance at the store level within assigned
- Collaborates with Replenishment Analyst on inventory levels and
- Collaborates with eCom merchandiser regularly on assortment,
placement, promotions, and marketing
- Works with Category Manager on ad layouts, item selection, and
ad proofing Oversees advertising for assigned categories.
- Analyzes ads and drives change to optimize ad
- Conducts line reviews for assigned categories Initiates
- Works with stores and distribution center to answer questions,
and identifies and resolves issues.
- Searches for new suppliers, categories, and items.
- Shops competition to compare products, pricing, merchandising,
- Manages category management team for their assigned
- Negotiate vendor allowances and terms.
- Tours Academy stores.
- Required to learn company safety rules, policies, and
- Duties may change and associates may be required to perform
other duties as assigned.
- Full time availability
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent
years of related work experience required.
- Regular attendance required.
- Domestic and international travel required.
Academy Sports Outdoors is one of the nation s largest sporting
goods and outdoor retailers. It s no surprise that we not only know
how to create experiences for our customers, but for our team
members as well. Understanding our people and the things that
matter to them the most has been at the core of the Academy culture
for over 80 years. With more than 22,000 team members, we take
pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work,
commitment, and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by
Keywords: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Conroe , Associate Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!