Sr Engineer - Software Development
Posted on: January 20, 2023
We are looking for the right people - people who want to
innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best
talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop
themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that's
inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves.
Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for
one of the world's largest providers of products and services to
the global energy industry.
Job Duties & Responsibilities :
- The engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug the
- The engineer is also responsible for monitoring and analyzing
the stability and efficiency of the system.
- Design and implement the software for embedded devices and
systems, from creation to production and deployment.
- Test and debug system software.
- Monitor and maintain the system after development.
- Develop analytical tools to process and manage big data
- Experience in converting binary file formats into consumable
data for 3rd part users.
- Develop automation tools to monitor and analyze test data for
performance regression, trend analysis.
- Implement statistical or other mathematical methodologies as
needed for data analysis.
- Design, implement Algorithms and data processing methods
intended to run in an MCU-based environment.
- Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an
undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and
4 years of related experience or through 8 years of software
- Experience as an embedded software engineer responsible for
designing and implementing software that's interfaces with embedded
devices and systems.
- Working Knowledge of Embedded Hardware to PC Software interface
using USB or other High Speed Data protocols.
- Experience in developing windows desktop applications with High
Level of proficiency in C# programing.
- Familiar with converting Python and Matlab scripts into C# and
use in Windows Applications for data processing and
- Previous Design Experience as an embedded software intended to
run in an MCU-based environment.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and REST based APIs.
- Experience in trouble-shooting computer software and hardware
- Experience in interfaces, USB, and hardware subsystems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio for code development is required
- Familiar with source control software Azure DevOps.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work and embedded
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job
requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles
given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or
(3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill
level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including
Tech Advisor-Software Dev.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status,
sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age,
veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by
law or regulation.
16548 Donwick Drive, Conroe, Texas, 77385, United States
Requisition Number: 172680
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Drill Bits and Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Keywords: Halliburton, Conroe , Sr Engineer - Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!