Technical Specialist Certified (full Time Day Shift) Trinity Hospital Chicago
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 15, 2023
60478 IL ACL Laboratories - Trinity: Core Lab 2
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
- Acts as a resource and role model to employees, which includes
training/orienting and providing day-to-day work direction.
Provides general direction and technical assistance to Technical
Specialists, Medical Technologists, Medical Laboratory Technicians,
Phlebotomists, and support staff.
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work,
monitors productivity, maintains appropriate staffing levels,
directs efforts and provides guidance on more complex issues.
- Assists with human resource responsibilities, which may include
interviewing and selection of new employees, staff development,
resolution of employee concerns, and employee morale.
- Assists in interpreting department policies and procedures, and
advises and updates staff on procedural changes. Assists in
improving the quality and efficiency of laboratory procedures,
policies, and processes Participates in policy/procedure review
- Assists with preparation and monitoring of operating and
- Performs all duties of the technical and/or support staff.
Serves as staff resource regarding technical and/or administrative
policies and procedures.
- Documents all appropriate information for quality
assurance/improvement according to established protocol. Utilizes
laboratory information systems appropriately.
- Assists in the development of education and training protocols;
instructs staff as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all accrediting agency standards.
- Supports change efforts within the organization and contributes
to their successful implementation. Maintains constructive and
effective communication to enhance department performance.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and possess the ability to assess
data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide
the care needed as described in the department's policies and
procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the
departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
Medical Technologist (MT/MLS) certification issued by the American
Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or other accrediting agency
Histotechnologist (HTL), MB (ASCP) OR
Technologist in Molecular Biology CG(ASCP)
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related field.
- Typically requires 2 years of experience in a laboratory
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include
alternate site assignment.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in and out of the
- Demonstrates a willingness to work a flexible schedule that may
include alternate site assignment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs. Will occasionally be required to
lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for the majority of the
- lMay be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, explosive,
radioactive and/or infectious agents.
- Will be exposed to human blood and body fluids.
- lMust wear appropriate lab coat, gloves, gowns and eye and face
protection as needed.l
- Must be able to handle stressful situations in a calm and
- lMay require travel, therefore may be exposed to inclement
weather and adverse road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit,
integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million
patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and
Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals. We're redefining the standard
for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative
solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and
clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for
clinical excellence in a variety of specialties. Advocate Aurora
Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health
systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more
than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28
hospitals. We're redefining the standard for care with world-class
doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes,
and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate
and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Conroe , Technical Specialist Certified (full Time Day Shift) Trinity Hospital Chicago, IT / Software / Systems , Trinity, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!