Manufacturing Supervisor II- Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Company: Crown Holdings
Posted on: May 16, 2020
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown
Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and
sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are
passionate about helping our customers build their brands and
connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering
innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand
owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36
countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8
billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in
quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their
businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position
requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and
Crown s Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging
solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as
new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with
innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at
beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range
of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the
perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where
it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage
Crown Beverage Packaging, Conroe Plant #016, 2501 North Frazier
Street, Conroe, Texas 77303
The Continuous Improvement Supervisor provides leadership,
planning, training, CPI methodology guidance, communication and
coaching skills to promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Engaging employees at all levels, the CI Supervisor will help the
business reduce waste, improve and simplify processes, improve
sustainability of process utilization, continually reduce costs,
and improve the overall effectiveness of all business
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Handle in-house training on CI tools and methodologies and guide
* Support CI initiatives and Plant team post event for completing
* Perform post mortem meetings after events and address to-do list
* Offer weekly report on plant activities to plant manager and
* Create periodic format presentations on company implementation
progress to management.
* Offer technical expertise to company on statistics, Six Sigma
methodology, tools and practices.
* Maintain value stream maps
* Assist departmental improvements.
* Conduct Kaizen based on prioritized problems that aligns with
* Develop standard work as outcome from Kaizen improvement
* Lead plant s Continuous Improvement Program.
* Review plant s processes for enhancing effectiveness and
benchmark with Industry Best Practice.
* Lead continuous improvement project teams on strategic projects
within plant operations.
* Assess processes with set up continuous improvement techniques
for performance optimization.
* Assist with Safety and Health Program, including leading Safety
meetings, performing Safety and Health weekly, monthly and
quarterly audits, and updating Safety website.
* Lead team meetings, document clear actions and enable timeline
* Train and mentor on Lean concepts to employees throughout
* Lead all mechanic progression training
* Track 6s activities
* Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
with or without prior notice.
Education and Knowledge:
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical field strongly preferred,
Associates/Vocational or Certification with significant
complimentary experience considered
* Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field
* 1-3 years experience in the field
* 1-3 years experience supervising employees
*experience may include a combination of work experience and
* 3-5 years experience in the field
* 3-5 years experience supervising employees
*experience may include a combination of work experience and
* Progressive experience in manufacturing, including roles leading
others in Production, Technical operations preferred
* Prior experience in filling, food packaging, beverage filling,
high speed consumer products manufacturing, or high speed dosing
* Experience working with the implementation and oversight of
* Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies & tools
* Demonstrated project management skills on cross functional
* Some experience in root cause and/or root cause trend
* Demonstrated ability to use data for creative problem solving
* Organizational sensitivity, engage without conflict.
* Creativity in developing new ways of working / methodology.
* Good analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, clear communicator, and demonstrated
relationship building skills.
* Able to interact with a wide variety of contacts, both internal
* Talented influencer and team builder. Can form a team without
official authority to do so, and motivate that team to accomplish
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The
associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
associate may sit, climb or balance, talk or hear. The associate
may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision,
and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this
job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The associate may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock or
vibration. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of
temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
* Working with high speed automated machines and equipment in a
manufacturing plant producing aluminum cans for the beverage
* The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a
* Will have constant pressure to produce high quality cans and to
keep the production line operating.
* The shifts are four (4) days on and four (4) off with the shift
starting at 7:00 and ending at 7:00 (12 hours).
* The plant is hot when the weather is hot and cold when the
weather is cold.
* Must be willing to work all areas of production and on any
* While performing duties, the team member regularly works near
moving mechanical parts.
* The team member frequently works in high, precarious places and
may frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at
Keywords: Crown Holdings, Conroe , Manufacturing Supervisor II- Continuous Improvement Supervisor, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!