Facility: Montgomery Processing Center
Compensation Base: $24.97
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as a lead worker assigned by the
Transportation Manager in high risk operations and high-profile
federal government transportation contracts and must possess a CDL
Class B with a (“P”) passenger endorsement. It also is responsible
for securely transporting detainees between destinations and
ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are
safe and properly maintained. Finally, this position assists
management when unexpected problems arise to develop effective and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists management when unique or unexpected problems arise
while transporting detainees. Helps to develop effective and
• Reviews all vehicle inspection reports. Develops summaries for
Transportation management and notes commonalities from the reports.
Suggests solutions as necessary.
• Ensures that all permits and licenses for all assigned
vehicles are in order.
• Verifies that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment
before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation management if
there are problems before assignments.
• Properly tracks DOT HOS on Electronic Logging Devices.
• Assists with interviewing and screening of applicant Transport
Officers when required.
• Reviews all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and
thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the
Transportation management according to described policies and
• Ensures that all missions meet or exceed PBNDS/FBNDS safety
measures while transporting detainees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Possession of applicable state requisites for employment. Must be
at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Two (2) years of driving experience in a transportation
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Must have completed an approved training program resulting in
a certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law
Enforcement, or Military.
• Certification in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or
• A current driver’s license (CDL Class B with Passenger
Endorsement) with no preventable accidents, suspensions for driving
convictions, Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the
Influence (DUI) or more than two (2) moving violations on any type
of vehicle for the past three (3) years.
• Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug
and alcohol test.
• Ability to work overtime frequently.
• Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent
• Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
• Must be able to regularly report to work without being
• Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
• Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling
• Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
• Ability to pass a Company and Federal Client background
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.