Company: Cantel Medical
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The EHS Engineer works with the EHS Manager
to plan, direct, and implement Cantel Medical’s environmental
health and safety programs to the Conroe, Texas location.
Responsibility will be to establish at a minimum, compliance with
government regulations such as OSHA and EPA. Program development
and improvements will strive to achieve best practices by applying
working knowledge of standards and regulations such as ANSI, NFPA,
IBC, RCRA, and EPA. Proactive programs that meet the needs of the
business will be emphasized, rather than reactive approaches.
- Lead and/or participated in site EHS project teams
- Interpret and apply Federal, state and local regulations to
local company policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Develop technical documents including EHS procedures, programs,
and guidance documents.
- Ensure employee compliance with programs, procedures, and work
- Assist in the development of EHS auditing program for areas and
perform environmental health and safety inspections as
- Maintains training and inspection records.
- Generates weekly, monthly, and annual reports. Maintain and
support EHS department metrics, monitor and review progress.
- Conduct in person EHS training and coordinate online training
for personnel at all levels of the organization, which may include
large group training sessions.
- Manage and track completion of safety suggestions and
post-accident corrective actions.
- Facilitate and participate in incident investigations using
root cause methodology.
- Maintain EHS records for inspection during external and
- Manage the site Safety Committee (EHS Team) and participate on
the Safety Board.
- Provides support in review of new equipment and in the
specifications of safety controls.
- Provide primary assistance regarding personal protective
equipment including, safety glasses, gloves, respiratory
protection, hearing protection, foot wear and body protection.
- Manages collection and disposal of Hazardous, Non Hazardous,
and universal Wastes.
- Work with manufacturing teams to ensure safe handling of
chemicals. This may include industrial hygiene sampling,
collaborating on work instructions, and providing consultation on
- Work cross functionally to fully engage employees, contractors
and vendors in the EHS process, expectations, and
- Maintain and coordinate environmental health and safety
e-learning, bulletins, and other communication materials.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Occupational Safety and
Health, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry,
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with specialization in
Ergonomics, or related field.
- CPE, CHFP, ASP, CSP, CIH, or OHST certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience or
Master’s degree with 0-2 years of experience working in relevant
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills,
together with strong organizational skills, prioritization and
attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently or
with others in cross-functional project teams.
- Experience providing EHS training preferred.
- This position may involve exposure to moving machinery, lift
trucks, UV light, biohazards, hazardous chemicals, and manual
- Ability to lift/carry 25 lbs.
- Bend, stoop, kneel and/or stand for extended periods of
At Cantel, preventing
infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection
prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are
dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that
improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this
mission by delivering our products through the following operating
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and
irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems,
disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to
disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Sciences: Water purification systems
for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis
caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing
systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market
(face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers,
saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and
Cantel employees are inspired
to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare
providers. If you are looking for a company driven by
an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future
of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see
why people love working here.
Keywords: Cantel Medical, Conroe , EHS Engineer, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!