PRN Certified Nurse Assistant - Hospice
Company: Alamo Hospice
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Description Summary
The Certified Nursing Assistant is a paraprofessional member of
the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a
registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as
necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote
comfort. The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for
observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting
observations and care performed.
The Certified Nursing Assistant will be assigned in a manner
that promotes quality, continuity and safety of
a patient's care.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Certified Nursing Assistant include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient's
assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to
perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and
properly (foot stools, side rails, O2)
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene,
shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures,
pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to
prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the
Case Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals
living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the
hospice nurse or therapist.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing
assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an
extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site,
- Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as
- Adhering to the organization's documentation and care
procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement
teams and activities.
- Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and
patient's personal needs.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative
summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform
job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Meets the training requirements of the State.
- Effective August 14, 1990, a person who has successfully
completed a state established or other training program that meets
the requirements of S 484.36(a) and a competency evaluation
program, or state licensure program that meets the requirements of
S 484.36(b), or a competency evaluation program or state licensure
program that meets the requirements of S 484.36(b).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing
specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct
supervision. Secure with issues of death/dying. Provides a calm
manner when in a patient's home.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance
with organization requirements and is in good working order.
The Certified Nursing Assistant will not function in any manner
viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Nurse Practice
Act. Specifically, the Certified Nursing Assistant will not
administer medications, take physician's orders or perform
procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a
licensed nurse, such as sterile techniques.
- Good oral and written communications
- Good organizational skills
- Community home environment
- Exposure to infectious diseases
Keywords: Alamo Hospice, Conroe , PRN Certified Nurse Assistant - Hospice, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!