Posted on: September 14, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Rehabilitation Therapist develops, organizes, and implements
psychiatric rehabilitation groups and activities that address the
needs of persons with severe and persistent mental illness. The
Rehabilitation Therapist is also responsible for an array of daily
interventions including groups, individual counseling, crisis
intervention, behavioral programming and auxiliary support
activities for patients. This position documents objective-driven
contact notes that generate monthly progress notes. Curriculum and
resource development are also key facets of the job. Finally, the
Rehabilitation Therapist works in conjunction with the
interdisciplinary treatment teams to achieve measurable objectives
specified in the Recovery Plan.
- Bachelor's degree required in a human services field
- One (1) year experience in a mental health setting
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within
- Good writing skills
- Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work
performed in the position
- Plans and conducts daily recovery groups, manages group
process/dynamics so as to maximize patient participation and
positive objective outcomes. Implements individualized behavior
plans and MHT mentoring.
- Maintains creative, stimulating groups and room
- Assesses and reassesses patients' strengths and needs and
achievement of goals and objectives on the treatment plan.
- Performs timely, complete, accurate, and legible documentation
of services provided that is consistent with professional
standards, facility procedures, and department requirements.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitivity to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient. Completes yearly training.
- Is honest, consistent, fair, positive, and nurturing in daily
interactions. Demonstrates values and philosophy of psychosocial
rehabilitation approach. Demonstrates advocacy for patients.
Handles crisis behavior by identifying antecedents, verbal
de-escalation and CPI implementation. Effective therapeutic
communication- verbal, para-verbal, non-verbal.
- Takes initiative to make cooperative efforts with colleagues
and other facility staff to meet needs of patients.
- Manages time effectively including completion of assigned
auxiliary support services and department task assignments.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment. Completes yearly training.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Conroe , Rehabilitation Therapist, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!