Nursing Assistant Mental Health Tech
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Psychiatric Nursing Assistant provides direct care to patients
under the direction and supervision of licensed nursing staff and
their designees. It also provides both psychiatric and medical
nursing assistance services as part of the overall plan of care and
within the nursing standards and policies and procedures of the
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year or more direct care experience in a mental health
setting is preferred
- Certification in a mental health program preferred
- Assists licensed nursing personnel in providing direct service
to assigned population including health data collection;
observation of behaviors; activities of daily living; assistance
with activities of daily living including prompting, education and
support; specific assignments such as face checks, hall monitoring,
one to ones, overall supervision of patients, groups and other
direct care duties as assigned; knowledgeable about psychotropic
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic
communication and role recovery psychiatric rehabilitation skills.
Understands the organization's recovery based patient mission,
vision and values and how these guide practice.
- Intervenes in psychiatric emergencies using approved
techniques, including The Mandt System or the application of
restraint or seclusion.
- May escort patients off grounds to hospital, activities or
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Conroe , Nursing Assistant Mental Health Tech, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!