Posted on: September 14, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Nurse Supervisor is a registered Professional Nurse.
Responsible and accountable for direct supervision of the total
health care delivery system in assigned nursing unit of facility,
in conjunction with the delivery of patient care through the
process of collecting health status data, nursing diagnosis goal
setting, planning, implementation and evaluation. Directs and
guides patient teaching and ensures ancillary personnel provide
only those services which they are prepared or qualified to
- Graduation from an accredited college, university or vocational
- Three (3) years of experience in appropriate specialty nursing
is preferred with an additional two (2) years supervisory
- Regulatory agency knowledge (i.e. TJC) and experience
- Must hold a current License as a Registered Nurse in the state
- Certification in relevant nursing specialty is preferable
- Responsible for overall staffing of assigned shift, making
adjustments to number and mix of staff based on hospital patient
acuity and staff resources available. Communicates with other shift
coordinators on overall staffing of hospital.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the delivery of professional
nursing care by direct observation of licensed staff while on
nursing units. Provides a professional role model for staff.
- Participates actively in nursing management meetings.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled rounds to all nursing units
- Actively participates in the performance improvement process by
monitoring and evaluating functions and performing qualitative
- Completion of performance evaluations on assigned per diem
staff (distribution based on primary shift per diem staff
- Supervises nursing office staff. Monitors and assigns duties to
per diem staff and those on workers compensation light duty status
I.e., assignments, work hours, and complete performance
evaluations. Provides direction to nursing office administrative
assistant with regards to data input and adjustments to the nursing
staff scheduling program. Conducts shift staff meetings and
facilitates staff trainings.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Conroe , Nursing Supervisor, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!