Hospice Community Sales Liaison
Company: Alamo Hospice
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Join the respected team Alamo Hospice, whose
unparalleled reputation for quality supportive care is matched only
by our passion and dedication to patient-centered
Job Description Summary
The Community Liaison is responsible for generating business by
establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with
potential referral sources, preparing and conducting calls and
presentations to potential referral sources, meeting goals as
determined by DHP, participating in community and organizational
programs, and promoting positive public relations with patients,
family members, and healthcare providers. The position requires a
current conceptual knowledge of the hospice philosophy and the
changes and trends in the Hospice Medicare Benefit.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with community
leaders, health care professionals, hospice staff, and the
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with team
members, community leaders, health care professionals, and the
- Establish and implement educational programs that effectively
promote the hospice benefit to the community.
- Market hospice services to the collective community to
encourage and maintain positive relationships. Conduct
individual/group presentations/luncheons for health care
professionals, senior groups, churches, etc.
- Attend and represent Hospice Partners of America (HPA) at
various functions, such as health fairs, expos, trade shows,
- Assist with securing contracts with facilities and hospitals in
order to provide inpatient and respite care.
- Maintain knowledge of the hospice philosophy and practice and
how it relates to the community.
- Assist in the admission process, as necessary. Present the
hospice program to and review election paperwork with
- Act as a liaison between the patient/family and HPA and
communicate patient/family needs, concerns, or complaints to the
appropriate team members.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly Consultant meeting
and periodic training days to discuss new marketing strategies and
tools. Make recommendations in order to improve quality and
effectiveness of the marketing program.
- Responsible for completing daily activity report.
- Maintain knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and
procedures to administer hospice to the community.
- Demonstrate skill in applying and modifying knowledge of
practical problem solving, recommending solutions, and implementing
and evaluating changes.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and maintain records, to
write reports, and to respond to correspondence.
- Demonstrate the ability to react calmly and effectively in
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret, adapt and apply HPA
guidelines and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHP and the VP of
- Protect patient's, employee's, and HPA's right to privacy by
keeping all records confidential.
- Attend in-service classes and participate in continuing
education in order to successfully implement a marketing and public
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business administration or
other related fields is preferred. Acceptable combinations of
experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of formal
educational achievements. Additional related experience in the
hospice and health care industry a plus.
- Minimum of one year of professional sales experience preferred
in the assigned territory. Additional related experience in the
hospice and health care industry is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both in writing
- Ability to market effectively with customers, referral sources,
and the community.
- Must have a reliable transportation that is insured in
accordance with state and/or HPA requirements and is in good
working order, a valid driver's license with proof of good driving
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Ability to conceptualize the hospice philosophy and to
communicate the concept to others effectively, and with desired
- Ability to maintain poise and demeanor appropriate to portray
an image of professionalism as defined by HPA.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and
- Existing physician, case management and nursing facility
relationships highly preferred.
- Extensive local travel.
HPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and
does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related
duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and/or other
The employee will participate and adhere to ALL
guidelines contained in HPA's compliance program.
Keywords: Alamo Hospice, Conroe , Hospice Community Sales Liaison, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!