Production Supervisor 1st Shift - Bilingual
Company: Conner Industries Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionApply Online or In Person 104 FM 3083, Conroe, TX
77301$18-$20/hr Start DOE with Salary Adjustment Available at
30/60/90 Days.PTO Accrued Immediately and available after 30
days.Referral Bonus and Safety Bonus Opportunities!Medical, Dental,
Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
Available. 8 paid holidays, and Accrued PTO available at 30
days!COMPANYConner Industries, Inc. is a rapidly growing
manufacturer and distributor in the industrial lumber, custom wood
packaging, and integrated packaging markets. With an outstanding
reputation, and over 40 years as an industry leader, we operate 14
manufacturing facilities and currently sit at #2 in the U.S. for
market share. Best of all, we are growing!KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIESA
visible leader, developing and leading a production team focused on
achieving quality and meeting delivery expectations to our
customers in a safe, effective and efficient
manner.RequirementsDUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Supervise hourly employees and allocate accordingly to support
saw and assembly workload.
- Train employees in accordance with company policies.
- Coordinate orders to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Lead paperwork processing to ensure accuracy in material usage
and waste management at the workstations.
- Complete scheduling and reporting in the ERP system to support
- Ensure equipment is maintained and support maintenance and
- Coach employees and continually support a positive work
- Oversee and conduct training on proper operation of equipment
and lead safety efforts.
- Participate in projects and lean efforts to drive continual
- Be a visible leader, leading by example with work ethic and
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.QUALIFICATION,
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience in a lumber
related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience; multiple
- Must be bilingual able to fluently speak and read English and
- Experience with inventory management and material processing;
forklift certification a plus.
- Mechanically inclined; experience with wood cutting and
manufacturing facility infrastructures.
- Past work in a continuous improvement culture, Lean Six Sigma
Greenbelt training is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with experience in the Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in ERP or other business and production
- Great communicator and experience building / working in a team
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical
thinking.PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job,
the employee is required to stand, sit and kneel. The employee is
required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls in a fast pace environment. The employee is required to
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and talk or hear.
The employee is required to use repetitive motions. The employee
must regularly lift and/ or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to
focus.WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee will work in an indoor and partial outdoor manufacturing
environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and
requires the use of hearing protection. The employee is required to
wear PPE. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions
prevalent at the time. The work environment is structured, and
lunches and breaks are regulated.OTHER DUTIESPlease note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change.EEO StatementConner Industries does not
disqualify applicants that test positive for THC on the
pre-employment drug screen. As permitted by state law, applicants
being considered for positions with the following responsibilities:
CDL Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sales, Maintenance, Management,
and all Corporate positions, must pass a drug and alcohol test,
done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics, before beginning
work in that position. Refusal to submit to testing will result in
disqualification for the desired position. Conner Industries
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Training & Development
Keywords: Conner Industries Inc., Conroe , Production Supervisor 1st Shift - Bilingual, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!