Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.We value your contributions.
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the
bar. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join our
family. Come be a part of the change! We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock
purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk
to you about this fantastic opportunity.HCA Houston Healthcare
Conroe Conroe, TX
Medical Technologist - LaboratoryShift: Full Time Days
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bed
hospital that has been serving the community for more than 75
years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center,
Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services,
womens center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric
care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric
medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility. HCA
Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What
you will do in this role:Under the general supervision of the
Director of Laboratory and the direct supervision of the Laboratory
Supervisor or designated Shift Supervisor, the Medical Technologist
provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance
with accepted practices and Departmental and Hospital standards of
- Utilizes special knowledge of clinical laboratory principles in
the provision of diagnostic services.
- Applies general knowledge of procedures in Hematology,
Urinalysis, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation,
Microbiology, and Phlebotomy.
- Applies general knowledge of instrumentation in all areas of
- Applies general knowledge of quality control in all areas of
- Collects specimens as needed utilizing appropriate precautions
to promote patient comfort and minimize potential for
- Processes routine test results to include analysis,
calculations, and reporting of results.
- Utilizes an understanding of clinical laboratory principles in
the maintenance of instrumentation with a focus on maintenance of
all quality controls.
- Performs preventive maintenance of instrumentation.
- Performs routine shift start-up, including quality controls and
documentation of these controls.
- Performs appropriate shift maintenance of instrumentation.
- Ensures reliability of results by proper use of quality
controls with re-calibration and corrective actions taken when
- Maintains adequate inventory of reagents and supplies for
assigned area of responsibility.
- Validates new methods, procedures and instruments.
- Performs trouble-shooting as required with reporting of major
problems with instrumentation for repair.
- Documentation complete for all instruments and quality
- Utilizes specialized knowledge of clinical laboratory
principles in the recording and reporting of testing results.
- Records results of quality controls and patient testing
- Notifies physicians and other members of the health care team
of results in a timely manner with immediate reporting of critical
- Documents name and time who receives results on areas worksheet
and in computer system.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge of clinical laboratory
principles in performing general duties.
- Performs procedures utilizing Universal Precautions to minimize
the potential for exposure to infectious processes.
- Disposes of all instrumentation, reagents and patient wastes
appropriately to minimize exposure potential.
- Applies safety principles in the handling of all chemicals and
other potentially hazardous substances in the laboratory
- Maintains a clean, neat work area to minimize the potential for
errors in testing and hazards in the laboratory.
- Bases decision-making on sound principles related to cost
containment in the Department.
- Utilizes appropriate principles in the provision of direct
patient care service
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in working in the
Laboratory and in obtaining patient specimens.
- Utilizes appropriate precautions related to infection control
in relation to patients, specimens, and equipment/supplies with
special emphasis on the use of Standard Precautions in all
- Utilizes appropriate safety precautions in all diagnostic
procedures to promote patient comfort.
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, personnel,
and other employees in the Hospital to fulfill position
responsibilities.Qualifications What qualifications you will
- Must have completed the Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical
Technology or related Science Field and hold Medical Technologist
credentials from a recognized credentialing agency.
- Previous experience in a hospital clinical laboratory
preferred.HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortunes list of Most Admired
Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the
fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the
Worlds Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of
excellence. Intrigued? Wed love to hear from you.If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply
today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.Required
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe, Conroe , Medical Technologist, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!