CERTIFIED MEDICATION AIDE
Company: GEO Secure Services
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Facility: -JOE CORLEY PROCESSING CENTERPay: -$19.18 hr.Bonus (if
applicable): -H&W: $4.23 hr. This position is eligible to
receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid
up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per
year.Shift: Second, Rotating, Evenings, Weekends, 12-hourBenefits:
Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy
a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with
options for you and your family including:--- Paid time off
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.Are you looking for a
career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to
do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and
recognition that comes with working for the industry's global
leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.Who We Are:GEO provides
complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners
worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and
community reentry services. From the development of
state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be
successful.SummaryPerforms technical duties in the field of patient
care and participates in the general health care of patients by
providing assistance for cleanliness, grooming, rest, activity,
nourishment and distribution of medications. Assists the
professional staff in maintaining a safe therapeutic
environment.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Distributes and documents detainee/inmate medications, both in
general population and administrative segregation from filled
prescriptions, abiding by the policies and procedures of the
facility, contract, and organization.
- Ensures pharmacy room security, replaces facility working
stocks and maintains the upkeep of the facility pharmacy and
pharmaceutical equipment. Maintains security while dispensing
medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of
drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees. Maintains
non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in dispensing
- Enters medication compliance into pharmacy computer system if
applicable. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as
ordered, using the formulary.
- Takes and records vital signs as well as intake and output;
provides patient care including bathing patients, mouth care, back
care, serving food trays, feeding patients, assisting with
ambulation, administering foot soaks and hot and cold packs, and
turning, positing and transferring patients.
- Assists the physician with sick call and setting up for minor
- Observes and reports changes in patient's condition; assists
the physician or nurse with procedures under their direct
- Interviews incoming detainees and completes the receiving
screening form. Informs the nurses or physician of detainees with
health problems who need immediate attention; assists with detainee
discharge from the facility; records medical data in the health
record; assembles health records on newly received detainees;
maintains statistical logs required for periodic reports.
- Documents all detainee contacts. Maintains confidentiality of
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe, comfortable facility
environment; obtains, stores and maintains nursing supplies; cleans
and sterilizes instruments and equipment.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
- Practices basic cost containment and utilization management for
patient care and facility operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Current Certified Medication Aide Permit required. Must
maintain a current copy of the permit on file in the facility at
- Minimum of six (6) months of full time wage earning experience
as a Certified Medication Aide and experience with nurse assistance
Keywords: GEO Secure Services, Conroe , CERTIFIED MEDICATION AIDE, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!