Deputy Court Clerk l
Company: City of Conroe
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYThis position performs a broad range
of clerical duties related to Municipal Court operations while
complying with state/local laws and city policies. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Provides quality customer service at the court service window
and by phone regarding citations, complaints, and other Municipal
- Accurately process payments of court fines/fees & balances
daily cash drawer.
- Schedules court proceedings.
- Assist customers with various questions regarding driver's
safety course, deferred disposition, payment plans, and
- Accurately scans and maintains court records in the court's
case management system.
- Process mail, email & fax correspondence effectively and
- Attends appearance dockets, enters dispositions and prepares
legal documents for the Judge's review & signature.
- Enters citations, prepare & reviews complaints.
- Process all paperwork received from the jail daily.
- Prepares warrants for the judge's review.
- Prints letters & notices to mail out to defendants.
- Work overtime as needed to complete essential job functions
and/or community events.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of general office, clerical, or customer service
- Previous court experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Texas Municipal Court Clerk Certification, Level I
preferred.Special Requirements:Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Ability to type 35 wpm with 90% accuracy. Must possess a valid
class "C" Texas driver's license. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic accounting methods to balance receipts.
- Ability to be informative and courteous with customers.
- Ability to quickly and accurately scan large amounts of
- Ability to quickly and accurately type information in the
- Ability to willingly perform duties in a team environment.
- Ability to understand policies and confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to stand for long periods.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe work is
sedentary and requires the ability to exert up to 10 pounds of
force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Additionally, the following physical
abilities are required: fingering, kneeling, mental acuity,
reaching, speaking, and talking. WORK ENVIRONMENTWork is performed
where there are minimal hazards.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: City of Conroe, Conroe , Deputy Court Clerk l, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!