Patient Access Coordinator
Company: Retina Consultants of Texas
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Overview:Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an
individual who will be responsible for providing a friendly and
efficient patient experience, answering telephones, maintaining
patient files, distributing daily correspondence, and ordering
inventory of clerical supplies. Position will be primarily based
from our Woodlands Clinic, and support the needs of clinics in the
area. Candidate must be able to travel to multiple clinics to meet
the needs of the patients and providers, and support the clinic's
variable hours (Monday - Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm). Schedules are
provided weekly and are based on the physician's clinic, patient
and surgery schedules. Clinic staff are also provided the
opportunity for weekend hours if available. RCTX offers the
following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees
after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Certification Opportunities Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX)
is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology
practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the
Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is
home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the
countrys leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants
of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of
Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of
the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular
oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye.
Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions
in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their
classes. Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local
authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the
patients, providers, employees and communities. Retina Consultants
of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an
Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an
inclusive work environment that celebrates
- Greet and sets the tone for a great visit by professionally and
compassionately attending to the patients as they arrive for their
- Facilitate internal communications on multiple platforms to
ensure an efficient appointment flow.
- Maintaining and updating current information into multiple
databases; following appointment procedures set by management.
- Identifies all patients responsibilities based on insurance
benefit, calculates estimates, collects liabilities and post
payment transactions and performs daily reconciliation.
- Confirm authorization or referrals for drug approvals
- Identifies self-pay and complex liability calculations.
- Provide requested and/or required information to patients,
physicians and staff, in a professional and timely manner; relay
all pertinent information to appropriate staff members
- Provide all appropriate information to patients in preparation
for appointment: patient intake forms, financial obligations and
ensure referrals and authorizations are intact.
- Maintain tidiness of the lobby and all public spaces in the
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures, including cash
handling when receiving patient payments protocol and all policies
set by management.
- Promote effective working relations to facilitate the
departments ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations; maintain
confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Keeps inventory of clerical supplies and re-orders as
- Reports safety concerns promptly to appropriate leader.
- Other job related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications:Qualifications: Education Requirements
- High school diplomaExperience Requirements:
- Medical office experience preferred Physical Abilities:
Sedentary position with occasional
movement throughout the clinic Skills/Competencies:
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and how to read
- Basic typing skills required
- Basic Mathematical skills to include adding and
- Computer experience: working in multiply systems, Microsoft
Outlook and Teams
- Have working knowledge of insurance terminology preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Keywords: Retina Consultants of Texas, Conroe , Patient Access Coordinator, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...