Company: Sabre Industries
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Scope of Responsibility: Working under the direct supervision of
the Manufacturing Lead person, the Machine Operator C is
responsible for the cutting, laying out, punching, bending,
drilling and stamping of materials as detailed on the shop
drawings. They will also be responsible for usage of Sabre software
reporting time to operations.
- Determines the sequence of operation by reading the shop
drawings, specifications (if supplied) and all work orders.
- Cuts, lays out, punches, bends, drills or stamps materials as
detailed on the shop drawings with minimal operator defects.
- Changes or replaces tooling and/or consumables on the
- Understands proper setting technique of the machines to avoid
damage to the machines.
- Loads programs related to nesting summaries into the
- Follows assigned work instructions to prepare items to be
- Logs in & out of the Epicor computer system to report run time
- Performs simple maintenance diagnosis of machines.
- Uses overhead cranes, gantries, forklifts & combi lifts to move
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized at all times &
assists with overall housekeeping
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being responsible
for quality, safety, organization and cleanliness in all areas of
- Contributes to team effort of communicating & working well with
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of experience in an operational environment.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure to 1/16 inch or
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in
- Demonstrated ability to read blue prints, tape measure and
comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure
- Ability to successfully complete Sabre's Machine Operator B
certification and certify to use overhead cranes and gantries.
- Ability to successfully complete Sabre's forklift certification
(5k or 6k forklift and combi lifts) and operate a forklift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, frequently exerting 30
pounds of force.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required per
the Company's safety policies and programs.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as
climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting
and handling of materials
- Position requires manual dexterity, ability to pick/pinch and
work with fingers, repetitive motions of wrists/hands/finger,
arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to use foot pedal to operate equipment.
- Must be able to work in an open environment for long shifts
(including weekends) exposed to extreme temperatures, standing
- Must be able to pass commercial driver vision testing
Keywords: Sabre Industries, Conroe , Machine Operator, Other , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...