Veterans Preferred - Plant Manager
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10003904 Plant Manager
Conroe, TX - Filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Plant Manager is responsible for managing the activities of
workers engaged in producing and repackaging of compressed and
liquid gases into cylinders, oversight for all phases of
distribution, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay,
and assigning job tasks to workers according to customer needs,
current stock levels and workers' expertise.
- Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or
repackaging gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with
federal, state, local, and company policies, procedures,
regulations, and laws. Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour
requirements for completion of job assignments. Establishes and/or
adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and product quality. Modifies working conditions and
use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the work
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety
training is regularly scheduled, conducted, and documented.
Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety
- Ensures all injuries and accidents are appropriately
investigated and reported within 24 hours.
- Analyzes and resolves or assists workers in solving
work-related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel
actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and
disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, grievances, etc.,
are effectively handled.
- Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide
leadership. Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to
achieve goals. Provides coaching and corrective action promptly to
ensure that poor performers are identified, documented, and
improved to acceptable performance or released.
- Trains new workers and cross-trains associates to continue
production during personnel shortages.
- Maintains time and production records and approves overtime
when essential while keeping overtime at acceptable
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned
Are you a MATCH?
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- Minimumof five (5) years of experience in sales and/or
distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial
products and two (2) years of prior demonstrated management or
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of
leveraging metrics and related tools to improve production
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated planning skills: Identifies requirements;
allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and
other resources necessary for mission accomplishment.
- Interpersonalskills:isaware of, responds to, and considers the
needs, feelings, and capabilities of others.
- Leadershipskills: Establishes work standards and expectations
for self and others.
- Excellentcustomer service skills. Demonstrates a clear, direct,
and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining
information to customers and employees, exhibiting a positive
- Strongdetail-orientedproblem-solver: Identifies and creates
recommendations to resolve existing and potential
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which apply to this position's
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Conroe , Veterans Preferred - Plant Manager, Professions , Conroe, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!